pages

Sunday, June 07, 2015

DOCTOR WHO is on Disney XD

This strikes me as extremely wrong but I cannot place my finger on exactly why.

Just based on the clips this appears to start in the second season of the Welsh series with David Tennant. Perhaps they are just promoting it that way.

Understandably I reckon Tennant may be the most popular of the incarnations of the contemporary series.  The series is also purportedly for kids. I'm just surprised that Disney has a license for it.  Last I knew BBC America broadcast the program the same year as BBC, and SyFy had the license to broadcast reruns of the program a year later.  I think various PBS stations ran the program in the "UHF"/"VHF" broadcast non-pay frequencies.

Where would I look to discover the syndication and licensing arrangements for the episodes?



No comments: