pages

Monday, June 08, 2015

Baltimore is Not Too Damned High




After Freddie Gray died from injuries sustained in his custody by Baltimore law enforcement  apparently some level of violence arose in the city.  In the course of this violence prescription drugs were looted from 27 pharmacies and two methadone clinics.
Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts on Wednesday said police were working with federal partners such as the Drug Enforcement Administration to seize more than 175,000 "units," or doses, of prescription drugs... "There's enough narcotics on the streets of Baltimore to keep it intoxicated for a year," Batts said. "That amount of drugs has thrown off the balance on the streets of Baltimore." Batts' comments came the same day that Rite Aid said looting at its locations included prescription drugs, as well as the theft of personal medical information. DEA Special Agent Gary Tuggle said even more drugs have been stolen than reported. About 40 percent of the looted pharmacies have not finished counting losses, he said.
This is hilarious. In lieu of a joke I could compose myself, I invoke Doug Mataconis.
Apparently there were enough drugs stolen during the Baltimore riot to keep the entire city high for a year.
To be fair, Baltimore "high" could potentially be a better place than actual Baltimore.
I've been to Baltimore. I have stayed in Baltimore. Doug is not wrong.

Although I suppose "Baltimore is not too damned high" is my joke. I stand by that.







No comments: