pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

how much is a McDonald's worker worth? guest-starring Mel Whitlock

Taking off the Gloves...One Big Ass Reason I Have a Problem With $15 an Hour Minimum Wage for Burger Flippers

Aside from the more obvious economic reasons that make the foolish narrative of flipping burgers now the example of "blue collar work," there is a more pressing issue that I have as a degree holding college graduate.

From 2002-2010, I spent off and on time working to pay for going to college; in the process I amounted a crap load of loans (not as bad as others thankfully) that looking back, had I known then what I know now, I would have never taken those loans out in the first place!

Currently, I am still in the process of securing a viable job in my career field because my job changes like the wind, depending who takes over the program! As a college graduate who has spent years working those low-level jobs that do not require a high school education; it personally appalls me to think that such a job should be demanded and treated as a "blue collar" type of employment!

I am not knocking anyone who is working that type of job in Wal Mart, Wendy's or wherever; all I am saying is that this is a slap in the face to anyone who spends time going to school "JUST TO MAKE A JOB $15.00" an hour.

Its not hard...you go to work, you flip a burger, you go home. I mean seriously....$15 an hour, get the hell outta here with that!

Strike if you want to, but when these companies start using machines to do your "$15.00 an hour labor" don't worry, the government will take care of you! The day flipping burgers becomes a standard for financially running a household is the day I am going to demand every dime back for my college education

REAL!
-- Mel Whitlock

No comments: