pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

quote composition of horseshit detection

Jim MacQuarrie said
A prodigious lexicon and facility with its deployment is merely a single component to an efficacious horseshit detector, but it is a significant one.
Now if I were to compose this sentence I would replace "horseshit detector". Let us explore
A prodigious lexicon and facility with its deployment is merely a single component to an efficacious equine excrement divination sense although a significant one.
The remaining question is now: is my version an original quote because the diction is different although the composition owes its existence entirely to Mr MacQuarrie? I would answer tentatively that my line is my line as the composition exists due to my existence however it is not original given its specifically derivative nature.

No comments: