pages

Thursday, January 03, 2013

why not have guards with guns in your children's school?

I don't care what message it sends, or how it looks. I don't care if you like the idea. Just give me some evidence as to why armed police officers at your elementary school make your child less safe. I'm not being sarcastic. I wanna know. You don't raise a fuss when they are at football games, or outside the courtroom, or at airport security. So I wanna know--what evidence do you have? I won't ridicule--I just wanna know. The president gets guards with guns. Your congressman gets them. The judge you disagree with gets them--why does it make them safer but not your kids? I don't think you're dumb. I just wanna know. Men carry guns when they transport cash from banks--you know, armored cars. But that makes money and the guards safer, I guess. Doesn't it make your kids safer, too? It doesn't? Ok...just tell me why not. Because I won't argue, you see. I just want to know.
-- Luke Shilts, one of the best the Young Republicans in Colorado have to offer