pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

the Uneducated Say That Educators Cannot Use Guns

This is a popular meme:


In response to the idea of having trained individuals be armed with weapons in a school my friend responded thusly:
I would home school my children if I knew that guns were in the school. Why not arm the students, too?
For one thing I think he missed the part about the teachers being actually trained to use the guns. More to the point resistance to the very idea of armed law-abiding citizens within a certain proximity to children inspires outright fear of particular inanimate objects; the people that fear guns like this generally perceive guns as little more than talismans of death regardless of the capabilities of anyone to direct them.

All of that indicates the tremendous need for education regarding firearms.