pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Glenn Beck's 9.12 Project

I do not have much to say about this little social networking pseudo-populist movement by radio talk show host and television pundit Glenn Beck, except to say hat with as many projects as I have on the table right now the last thing I need consuming my time or tugging on my attention is a near-useless promotional effort by a guy who has enough fiscal success without me.

Do not get me wrong, I am a large enough fan of the man and his work that when I can view it or listen to it, I do. Yet participating in his community organizing schemes has no appeal to me. I have no intention of networking with fellow viewers for any Beck-centered purpose.

Not there is anything wrong with the man's principles, the ones he purports to hold or his actual ones, beyond that I find his Mormonism to be a sort of sickness, not a mental but a spiritual illness, telling me that God beholds sin in proximity to His glory, but that is neither here nor there right now.

Spiritual differences regarding Mormonism aside I would wish to take the 9.12 Project for what it is on its face. There is the obvious allusion to the "Post-9/11" mentality phraseology but I sense that the overall intent and such of this is not meant to rotate around Islamist attacks on the west to much depth.

The numbers 9 and 12 have specific countdown meanings, and I quote
dedicated to 9 Principles, 12 Values
Start with the lesser number.
The Nine Principles

1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Then there are the twelve values.
The Twelve Values
1-Honesty
2-Reverence
3-Hope
4-Thrift
5-Humility
6-Charity
7-Sincerity
8-Moderation
9-Hard Work
10-Courage
11-Personal Responsibility
12-Gratitude
I prefer a different set in a different order to represent the good order in America. Any who know me will not be surprised at my choices for the Twelve points, as to me these points of my convictions are no longer choices but lifelong commitments.
  1. Trustworthy
  2. Loyal
  3. Helpful
  4. Friendly
  5. Courteous
  6. Kind
  7. Obedient
  8. Cheerful
  9. Thrifty
  10. Brave
  11. Clean
  12. Reverent
This is, of course, the Scout Law. I naturally believe this makes Mr. Beck's "twelve values" greatly redundant and in some instances it literally is. Of course as an Eagle Scout I have the advantage that I took these principles to my heart long ago. It has been approximately two decades since I started as a mere Cub Scout. It can be said truly enough that once an Eagle Scout always an Eagle. So one could assume that some assistance is necessary for the average American. As an otherwise-average American I am not fit to judge my kind as such.

I suspect that under the guise of fine admirable principles is a circle of Glenn Beck-watching parties. Regardless the Scout Law is not a social contract, and Mr. Beck's 9 and 12 are summaries of the social contract, the relationship between man and government as elaborated in the United States Constitution. We read the reflection of the Founders' intent in the Federalist Papers.

So where do I find the information on Glenn Beck's 9.12 Project if I am incapable of watching his television show on a regular basis and I generally abstain from regular absorptions of his video channels or his official websites?
Frankly I have no idea who created those non-Facebook sites and I have no interest in putting the effort into finding out. That simply is not my way. I find it amusing that one social networking site page links directly to another.

If anyone cares to investigate, drop my the results and the proof. At this point, however, when it comes to significant Conservative political activism I fail to see the relevance or the results.

Comment-Update:

MIND Over glands

The defenders of homosexuality continue the oxymoron contradiction of attempting to use the mind to justify the rule of carnal glands.

Thinking Americans still don't give 'a tinkers-sham' what homo- sexuals do with their body-parts. An individual or a society which is by law and tradition committed to the
natural human hierarchy of mind over body will not, however, ever sanction glandular rule over the human mind.

Undisciplined human desire can induce distorted perception.The disturbed personality or inverted character can be considered to be cognitively confused. This description is confirmed by the work of English psychoanalyst Money-Kyrle, who indicates that it is more accurate to recognize such a condition as the result of distorted perception.

Neurosis, psychosis, stunting of growth, etc., are all, from this perspective, cognitive diseases contaminating not only perception but thinking, learning, remembering, valuing, and decision- and choice-making.

Money-Kyrle affirms that scientific truth is not attained by a trendy self-serving fashion, confession of inadequacy, abdication, or collective majority-vote. There is no excuse for
professional ignorance willfully maintained.

By definition, a standard that is flexible is not a standard at all.
The human mind requires a standard of comparison that is invariable. A criterion must be greater than the value measured in order to supply value-meaning in a predictable direction of survival and progression. The mind thus equipped is enabled to maintain a natural dominion over the body and its appetites. The very survival of the body itself, therefore, depends upon this maintained intellectual authority. See Romans.

Our posterity cannot respect what it does not perceive, and it cannot perceive that which has been abandoned or inverted to an appetite of physical expediency by the equivocal person.

With confidence in the laws of human nature, we can know that in the clash between carnality and intellect, the 'man of the mind' will always prevail.

That is nature and GOD's way and intent all along.

"No one is smarter than their criteria." selah jfb

Jim Baxter
Teacher - 30 years
pointman/follower of The Lion of Judah
Santa Maria, CA

semper fidelis
Sgt. USMC
WWII & Korean War

+ + +

No comments: