pages

Monday, December 03, 2007

coming soon -- > the IDIC Contradiction

Hmmmm. For a title... maybe instead it should be "the IDIC Paradox". How about "The IDIC Inconsistency". What can I say? I forgot the original title.

The point is: when I have time in the future I will launch an article, or a series, about that great inconsistency among the left-wing types pursuing an ideal of diversity. Now it is common knowledge among Trekkers, Star Trek fans, that "IDIC" stands for "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations". What exactly that means is never truly explained to my satisfaction as far as I can recall, but it is the highest moral standard of the Vulcan people (I think).

Now I love actual diversity for all it's worth. I love going to Grill Mountain and deciding between tacos and Macaroni and Cheese. I truly appreciate that there is a multiple number of medical professionals going over a sick man's problems. There is more to it than that, of course, but ultimately it all goes around a theme. How does a leftist view diversity? Is the proof to the lie of the self-labeled tolerant self-proclaimed lover of diversity that of his antipathy to those of diametrically opposite, let alone different views? I will take that discussion found on Peter David's weblog and expand on it, to the extent that I will pluck quotes of ideas to make my point. What is the true diversity of idea, mind, thought, fact, membership, presence, and attendance? I'm certain we won't find out in this project, but I'll get some ideas down in words to be read later.

No comments: