pages

Friday, July 14, 2006

Can You Wipe My Mind?

written by Scott Hileman, to be read to the tune of and inspired directly by "Can You Read My Mind", which was a rhyme performed by Margot Kidder and featured in Superman: the Movie

Scott says: "Well, most people here have seen Superman Returns, and many have misgivings about elements from Superman II that has consequences in this movie. And while the composer did a bang up job with bringing back the John Williams score, I was surprised that the (in)famous lyrics from the first movie did not return for an encore, which of course, was sung by Margot Kidder in her best non-singing style ala William Shatner's 'Mr Tamborine Man'. To adjust for the current setting and situations, I have applied my non-musical background for the new, updated lyrics:"

Can you wipe my mind,
Did you know what you did to me,
I don't know who you are,
Just a playah from another star,

Here I am with a kid in school,
Knocked up by a god, I'm a fool,
Will look at me wavering,
like a little girl vascillating
You looked right over me,

Can you wipe my mind,
Can you see the things I'm dwelling on,
Wondering where you are,
Picking up another gal in a bar

You can fly, checkin' out booty on the sly,
You and I could've been together,

If you need a friend,
I'm the one to fly pass,
If you need to be loved,
Get another piece of---

No comments: